Pages

Monday, March 03, 2014

Mini Bites Are A Total Delight

A one or two bite morsel can tickle and delight your senses more than a belly full of bacon. I often make tiny little nibbles since they both dazzle and impress while not taking up too much space. One such little bite I made recently was a no bake key lime pie. I made a custard, I colored it with parsley juice that I made from an extractor and I topped them with both Chantilly cream and a meringue that I used a caramelized sugar giving it a nice off golden color that toasted nicely with the torch.
No bake pie, sure thing. I made a lime curd that I added a bit of gellan and cornstarch as well as egg yolks on the double boiler - when it was nice and thick I put it in a piping bag to chill.
The crust is a simple butter, sugar, flour and a pinch of salt short bread dough that cut with a fluted mold and  I baked in a mini tin.
I piped the lime curd into the baked shells and served some with the cream and some with the meringue and they all got some zest and a little blackberry coulis to round it all out. The guests loved it, I loved it and this simple preparation I will most likely do again and again.

3 comments:

Velva said...

I can see why your guests loved it-

Velva

Cuisine de Provence said...

Great colour!

mytaste said...

Hi Chef Christo,

We have just sent you a message through email regarding our project.

We MyTaste.com one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States and in the world, would like to invite your blog to be featured on our site and make your recipes available to many people.

If you like it, you can join through this link www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog.

This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.

Full information has been sent to your email.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin